Sunday, February 11, 2007

Thank God

Last night I read John 1 (from the Bible). Verses 3 and 10 stood out to me: "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him." These verses reminded me of a conversation I had with Admire - a guy at work. He was asking me about Canada, and whether Western countries are truly like how they look in the movies - with lots of food and cars and nice houses, etc. After a while he said, "all Canadians must love God." I explained to him that actually Canada is quite a secular society and that many people don't believe in God, or at least don't seem to practise Christianity. He was incredulous - "but you have so much there! People should be thanking God every minute of the day for all that you have there." I couldn't really argue with him. I tried to explain to him that many North Americans feel that they have done the work themselves - without God's help. He couldn't grasp the concept. It's such a cliche, but people here have so little, and yet they are so grateful to God for what they have. And in the West, we have so much, and yet complain about what we still want. There is so much to be thankful for. Thank God.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online